Friday, October 28, 2011

Angel Chicken

Happy Friday everyone!
I found this recipe from a post on a fellow bloggers Facebook page.  There was no link so I went hunting for the recipe and found several versions, so of course I added my own things to make this my own and let me tell you this was delicious, and very simple to make.  We doubled the recipe to have left overs but I will put the regular size recipe that I created and based it on below

4 Chicken Breasts, dalved
Half of a large white onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed with your knife, no need to mince it
Half Stick of Butter
1 packet of dry italian dressing mix
1/2 Cup White Cooking wine
1 Tub (8 oz.) of Onion and Chive cream cheese
1 can of Cream of mushroom and roasted garlic soup
Splash of sherry cooking wine (if you choose, we like its flavor so we use it in a lot of dishes)
Black Pepper to taste.

Coat bottom of crock pot with olive oil just enough to make sure the Chicken doesn't stick.
Put soup, cream cheese, butter, white cooking wine, italian dressing packet and sherry into a sauce pan.  Heat till all ingredients are combined and the sauce is smooth.  While this is cooking ( about 5-8 minutes total) place chicken breast halves in bottom of crock pot, put diced onions and garlic on top of that, pour in sauce mixture, cover and cook.  this can be cooked on High for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 7. 

serve over angel hair pasta with a healthy portion of sauce.  For the kids I put it over a slice of crusty bread, french or other is fine, since angel hair is difficult for them to eat.  I also served it with steamed broccoli on the side, the kids ate every speck on their plate (including the broccoli), and My son was sucking sauce off of his fingers :)

Enjoy! and if you like these recipes, grab my button and send people over to me, or become a follower, and of course always let me know what you think!

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. Christie,

    I look forward to making this. I was delighted when Mandie from Southern Gnome told me about it on my blog's Facebook page. I love angel hair. Glad you enjoyed it, too.

    Leigh
    Hines-Sight Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is delicious. It made a lot so I've been eating on it ALL week. The original version I had included mushrooms and I added extra. Guess I will be finishing off the last of it today.

    ReplyDelete